Submissions: July 5 – July 31
Voting: August 1 – 20
We are very excited to announce the third annual Collaboratory Summer Program, “Some Assembly Required,” which begins on July 5th. The program is a maker contest consisting of different categories with one grand prize.
The categories this year are:
- B&W Photography
- Color Photography
- Textile Arts
Overall: July 5th-August 20th
Submissions will be made by email and will be collected July 5th through July 31st.
Votes will be collected from August 1st through August 20th, and the winners will be announced on the 22nd.
There will be a winner for each category. The winner of each category will receive a laser-cut prize and a $25 gift card to the Wallingford business of their choice. The winner of the Grand Prize will receive a Collaboratory-made trophy and a $100 gift card to the local Wallingford business of their choice.
- Contestants must be in high school or older.
- Entries must be made by the contestants.
- Contestants may make one submission per category.
- Entries do not have to be made in the Collaboratory.
- Submissions may be done online through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and social media messaging. To submit your entry, we need a picture of your entry. Videos will be accepted for the Videography category. Videos can be emailed to us at email@example.com. We will also accept links to your personal YouTube videos as long as you can prove that it is your video and your account. When preparing your submission, be sure to include a short write up that helps voters understand the piece or what the item is/does/is made from etc.
- Voting will be done online using likes on Facebook and Instagram.
- Contestants’ names will not be published during voting. When winners are announced we will include their names, if the winners consent.
Rules specific to each category are as follows:
- Art – Any medium (painting, drawing, digital etc.), any size. Must be an original work.
- B&W Photography – Must be an original work. Any aspect ratio is acceptable.
- Color Photography -Must be an original work. Any aspect ratio is acceptable.
- DIY – Must be an original creation. The DIY (which stands for “Do-it-Yourself” if you did not know) is a catch-all category that will cover anything that doesn’t explicitly fall under any other category. If you made it yourself, you can submit it here!
- Textile Arts – Must be a finished work. Any size or medium is acceptable.
- Upcycling – Must use recycled objects to make something new. Any kind of creation is acceptable, as long as it is upcycled.
- Videography – Must be an original work, 10 minutes or fewer.